Permission for Events

Planning an event for your sports team or society in Queens’ is a great way to bring members together. The process is fairly straightforward, but will require some forward planning!

The staff in the Catering Office at the bottom of FF staircase can help you to book rooms and fill in event permission forms. They can be contacted by email via

There are a number of rooms that are free to use for Queens’ students. This includes The Bowett Room, Old Kitchens and the Fitzpatrick Hall. It is worth booking these rooms early as demand for these rooms is high and they are often booked up well in advance. The rooms won’t usually come with any equipment, other than perhaps some tables and chairs, so it may be worth thinking about this before your event.

You will need to get permission from the Dean of College to hold an event. This is normally not a problem and the Dean is happy to consider most requests. The Catering Office will provide you with a form like the one attached below to fill out and return to them. Make sure you do this one at least 10 days before your event is due to take place.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the JCR committee if you need any help.

Party Permission Form