Facilities and services
- The porters’ lodge is the first thing you will see coming into college. It is open 24/7 so there is always going to be someone to help you should you need it, e.g. if you just lock yourself out in the middle of the night (happens to everyone). Our porters are absolutely lovely and always up for a chat. Everyone’s personal pigeon holes are near the porters’ lodge. You can have things mailed to college and just pick them up from your pigeon hole.
- There are two halls, Old Hall for formal events (you will have some events there during Freshers’ Week) and Cripps Hall for daily use and basic formals. If you don’t want to buy buttery food you can still bring your own food and eat with your friends! There also is a college bar which is very popular among students, since it not only has pool tables and darts, but also a really friendly staff and very affordable bar food!
- Laundry rooms are located in Dokett and Cripps. They have multiple washers, driers and an iron. A wash load costs £1.40 and 6 minutes of drying are 20p. The machines only accept £1 and 20p coins. There is a change machine in front of Cripps Hall but bring some change if you can.
- A cleaner comes once a week to hoover your room and take out the bins. Hallways and gyps are cleaned every day. However, no one is going to deal with unnecessary mess, so do your dishes!
- Housekeeping and Maintenance are the ones to turn to with any issues regarding your room and accommodation (leaking taps, broken doors, cold/hot rooms…)
- There is a bike shed where you can keep your bike for the whole of your studies as long as you register it with the porters. Do not forget to use a lock, even in college!
- The college has its own gym, squash courts, and runs various sports activities (yoga, boxercise). You have to pay membership to access the gym and the courts. There are also Uni wide facilities at the University Sport Centre. In spring and autumn, you can also rent college-owned punts from the porters! (£5 an hour)
For information about accommodation, click here.