Contacts & Resources

Queens’ Welfare Team

The Queens’ welfare team includes student welfare professionals and the college nurse. They can help with physical and mental health needs. Queens’ welfare contacts can be found at

Queens’ Welfare Resources

Queens’ Tutors

Tutors serve as the first port of call for many student concerns. They are fellows of the college (rather than counsellors or nurses) who can support you in wellbeing, academic and personal issues. They liaise with directors of studies, the college, departments/faculties and the University on behalf of you. If you do not know who to turn to with an issue, then your tutor is a good bet.

There is always a duty tutor on call and available through the Porter’s Lodge (01223 335511).

How to find out who your tutor is:

  1. Log on to CamSIS
  2. Click the ‘academic’ button
  3. Go to ‘contact key academic staff’
  4. Your tutor’s email will be accessible

Some of the things you can contact tutors about:

  • Financial hardship
  • Funding for academic travel
  • Intermission
  • Personal losses and grievance
  • Change of subject
  • Examination allowances
  • Underperformance
  • Academic discipline
  • Anything related to your fitness to study

Harassment and Assault

Queens’ has a process of seeking support if you have been a victim of harassment or assault. This support is confidential and not contingent on you taking any further action. A summary of this process can be found on the main Queens’ student welfare website. There is an associated process for taking action against individuals should you want, which depending on the circumstances may be dealt with by a higher body, as described in the guidance.

The Queens’ harassment and assault officers (HAO) can be contacted at

Support can also be accessed from the Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre or the University Sexual Assault and Harassment Officer (SAHA). The University has a webpage detailing how to make complaints about harassment or sexual misconduct, and associated resources.

Cambridge Welfare Resources

University Counselling Service

This website details the support available on a university level to students.

Student’s Union Advice Service

This is a free and impartial advice service not restricted or specific to welfare or mental health concerns (much like tutors).

Cambridge Nightline

A helpline that’s open during the night to give support to students in need.


As a Cambridge student, you may seek support from porters at any college. We also urge you to save the Queens’ Plodge number (01223 335511) as the porters may support you if you feel unsafe, or book you a taxi.

Cambridge SU Sexual Health Scheme

Cambridge SU provides sexual health products for use for free. This is organised through JCR welfare officers, who you should contact with any queries.

Cambridge Sexual Health Clinic

Student Minds Cambridge

JCR Welfare Officers

Our JCR Welfare Officers work to signpost students to welfare support and can provide student advice on welfare matters. They also work to pro-actively support the resilience and wellbeing of students during term time. You can find the contact details of our JCR welfare officers on the committee page. Or you can email the permanent email

General Welfare Resources

The Samaritans

The Samaritans offer a 24/7-365 helpline to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope or at risk of suicide throughout the UK and Ireland.


The UK’s National Health Service has guidance, support and services for mental health and wellbeing.